Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Here's a new caricature of Vincent Price that I drew for this past week's subject on Caricaturama Showdown 3000. I've written about Vincent Price before, as he was one of my favourite actors and I was lucky enough to have met him in person many years ago. As reference for this illustration pictured above, I turned to his role as Mr. Trumbull the undertaker, who's desperate for business in the 1963 dark comedy, The Comedy of Terrors. Here he is offering up some "medicine" to his infirm and nearly deaf father-in-law, played by Boris Karloff.

Incidentally, I'm dedicating this Halloween post to Belle Dee, who is a huge fan of Vincent Price, as well as of all the gothic horror films from AIP and Hammer studios of the 60's and 70's. Belle is also a very talented illustrator/cartoonist who has created a great many illustrations of her favourite horror film stars. Please be sure to check out her stylish art on her Facebook page.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to take care of this cop who's trying to arrest me for drinking and jiving at the Arthur Murray Halloween Dance...

5 comments:

Daniel Bartual said...

So cool cartoons! :)

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Boris Karloff, and Bela Lugosi were the gods of horror.

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Peter Lorre ! How can I forget Peter Lorre ?!

Mick said...

good old Vincent, they certainly don't make them like him any more. A true character.

Here is a wee interview from the Wogan show. Wogan wasn't the best chat show man but he allows Mr Price to shake his money maker

http://youtu.be/hVGnWgxmHZk

K said...

Cool Vincent Price cartoon. Gotta love a good VP horror.