Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sheridan Animation at the Bloor!

Please excuse the fact that I haven't updated the blog lately, but I was on vacation for a week back in my hometown of Ottawa. Anyway, I wanted to start back by helping to spread the word on the upcoming screening of a sampling of films from the 4th Year Sheridan grads that will be shown this Tuesday (at 7 pm) and Wednesday (at 9:30 pm) evenings at the Bloor Cinema in Toronto. This screening has been put together quite generously by my friend and Sheridan colleague, Mark Mayerson. You can read more about the show right here on Mark's blog. If you live within a reasonable proximity of the Bloor, please come down for one of the two screenings to show your support for the Sheridan grads. I'm planning on attending the Tuesday 7pm show and hope to see you there.

In the meantime, just to whet your appetite, here is a sample of the cartoon goodness just waiting for you to savour! This is one of my favourites from this year, animated by the highly skilled cartoonist, Kelly Turnbull:

The Chronicles of Turghot and Dragam from Kelly Turnbull on Vimeo.

4 comments:

TRIANA said...

great line man!!! I like it your influence to animation!!! luck and regards from colombia!!!

Thad said...

I wish I could have made it, but my passport won't be in for "6-8 weeks". :(

Richard Gaines said...

For some reason, the "vimeo" is not playing for me. However, I will say that I love your caricatures! Your lines are so simple, but so definitive.

Nancy said...

I really enjoyed the crazy turn the story took--it contained some great comedy.